Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monocular Depth Cue: Linear Perspective


In this monocular depth cue, I captured what is known as linear perspective. Linear perspective are lines that are parallel to our line of sight such as railroad tracks, that appear to narrow as they recede, eventually converging at a point in the far distance known as the vanishing point. In this screen shot that I took in Rocket World, I got a linear perspective of one of the buildings that was made. The stone lines are parallel to each other but from my Avitar's perspective, the lines start to converge and narrow in the distance, creating a 3D effect. Although the lines don' meet a vanishing point, if the buildings foundation was a little longer, I assure you the lines would eventually meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment